Berlin-based DJ, producer and member of Studio Kreuzberg (a collective of international artists from the heart of Berlin) IOAKIM SAYZ is the next artist to join the Sounvenir family with his new EP, ‘Extravanganza’ featuring special remixes from Maher Daniel and Julian Ganzer.
Driven by a continued dedication to electronic music his productions, much like his DJ sets rely heavily on his instincts and intuition, basing much of his technique on the feel, flow and chance that arises from experimentation. Besides remixes for artists like M.A.N.D.Y., LOPAZZ & Alex Flatner, IOAKIM SAYZ has also garnered support for his own productions, which demonstrate his wide musical interest and expression.
The ‘Extravanganza’ EP is the perfect example to introduce more audiences to his style. Rhythm & groove perforate this record, with the title track being driven by the warmly produced live percussion and lifted with solid basslines, tinkling keys and skewed vocals. ‘Beautiful’ is another perfect example of this work flow and ethic, with the broad palette of sounds cleverly brought together deployed using forward-thinking techniques.
The remixes in the pack come from another ambitious Berlin-based artist, Julian Ganzer, whose first release saw light of day on the powerhouse Electronic music label, Get Physical Music, in the form of a remix for Booka Shade´s "Darko" in 2006.
Maher Daniel is no stranger to the Souvenir family fold, with releases on some of the biggest labels in the industry and he still shows no sign of slowing down in the near future.
- Nick Warren – “This is strong new release from Souvenir. Very cool originals from Ioakim.”
- Pirupa – “That original mix of Extravaganza is HUGE!! Definitely gonna play that out!”
- Sasse – “Its all about the original of Extravaganza for me – Killer groove! Will play this!”
- Ralf – “The Original of Beautiful and the Maher Daniel remix are both really working for me. Will support!”
- Anja Schneider – “This is really nice!! Especially into the Maher Daniel remix. Will support.”
- Tom Findlay (Groove Armada) – “Lovely sleazy grooves. Extravaganza really stands out, massively funky, everything about it works. Mixes both excellent too. Julian Ganzer having it.”
- Benni (Adana Twins) – “The Original of Extravaganza is winning here. Great music from Ioakim.”
- &ME – “Extravaganza is standing out for me. Perfect for getting the party started.”
- Psychemagik – “Sweet and trippy vocals on Extravaganza... Will try it out.”
- Jose Maria Ramon – (Ibiza Global Radio) – “Very nice release from Ioakim!! Will support these on my shows.”
- Larse – (WDR 1Live, Germany) – “LOVE the original of Extravaganza!!”
- Jonty Skrufff – (Germany Calling, BLN.fm, Germany) – “Beautiful is, errrr, beautiful!! Supporting!”
- Shir Khan – (Radio Fritz, Germany) – “Super cool release from Souvenir! Loving Extravaganza!”
- Tom Breu – (WDR 1Live, Germany) – “Deep and groovy stuff... Love it!”
- Makossa – (FM4 Vienna, Austria) – “The originals here a sounding great! Will support.”
- Bramus D – (Delta FM, Argentina) – “Maher Daniel’s rework of Extravaganza is sounding so good.”
- Diversions – (CHRY Toronto, Canada) – “Loving the deeply intricate original mixes here.”
- Karlos – (Ibiza Sonica Radio) – “Love these... Will play all of the tracks on here.”
- Scan Mode – (DJ Magazine, Spain) – “Super nice beats here!! I love this release!”
- Rafael – (Faze Magazine, Germany) – “Strong release here guys!”
of , which is