This is one of the first songs I ever made when I started making music, and probably the first remix I ever did. It took a while of scouring the internet to find it again but I thought that with Tim's passing it would be cool to share this as an homage to how much his music has influenced me for so many years. Thinking about re-making this but for now I thought it would be cool for producers who are just starting out to hear what "jauz" sounded like in 2011, and maybe inspire them by showing that everyone starts off at ground zero and has to work their way to perfecting their craft.
Rest in Peace Tim, thanks for the inspiration and the memories. My heart goes out to his friends and family.
FUTURE | FUTURE (2014 Mixtape Archives)
// History is the Ultimate Teacher //
This mix was recorded back in 2014 right around the time that "Future Bass" and "Future House" genre trends were just starting to pop. Here are some thoughts from the time of recording...
New 'sub-genres' of electronic dance music seem to be popping up every day, and DJ's are quick to cling to the next popular trend. I've watched dance music develop itself for about a decade now, and I've began to notice many clear-cut, cyclical trends with genres and the way they materialize over time. Most genre trends and their respective variations in sounds seem to follow 3-5 year cycles. The "future house" and "future bass" genre trends are nothing new or nothing "future" at all. We're seeing old genres, production techniques, and trends from 3-5 years ago start to re-surface in much more developed ways. Electronic dance music (as a whole) is still very new and the majority of its listeners are still developing their ear and their knowledge base. As people become more educated, the garbage will sink to the bottom, and other untraditional sounds will begin to re-surface to new audiences under new circumstances and parameters while challenging the status quo and bridging gaps between the underground and mainstream.
1. Chris V Intro
2. Sharam Jey - Feeling High (Original Mix)
3. Warren G - Regulate (Destructo & Wax Motif Remix)
4. Tchami - Shot Caller
5. Henry Fong - Stand Up (Destructo Remix)
6. Foamo - Running
7. Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Shiba San Remix)
8. Kiesza - Hideaway (Gorgon City Remix)
9. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars (Oliver Heldens Remix)
10. Tim Berg - Seek Bromance (Jerome Price Remix)
11. Zeds Dead, Twin Shadow, D'Angelo Lacy - Lost You (Original Mix)
12. Jack Ü – Take Ü There (Tchami Remix)
13. Scotty Boy Lorenzo - Coke Diet
14. Skrillex - FucK That
15. ASAP MOB - Hella Hoes (Jauz Remix)
16. Katie Got Bands feat. King Louie - Pop-Out
17. Future feat. Pharrell, Pusha T, Casino - Move that Dope (Whiiite Remix)
18. Frontliner - One more time (Aazar Edit)
19. Lil Boosie feat. Kevin Gates - Crazy (Brillz & Snails Bootleg)
20. Schoolboy Q - Collard Greens ft. Kendrick Lamar (GZ Remix)
21. Elephante feat. Lyon Hart - Shake The Earth (1DAFUL Remix)