JackWasFaster is the name chosen by Madrid-based producer Manuel Cachero for his solo work (if you’re from Spain, chances are you’ve heard his guitar, synth and electronics as part of indie-electronic band FIRA FEM). His tracks and remixes are aimed firmly at the common ground between synth-driven electronica, dark disco, dreamy post rock, obscure Balearic, raw house or Weatherall´s post punk vibes.
After some time playing DJ sets and promoting parties at most of Madrid’s clubs, he‘s now more focused on production. His first remixes (FIRA FEM, ROLE, NIMIO) got noticed enough for him to be part of the Madrid 2015 edition of RedBull Music Academy Bass Camp. After that, he started releasing for labels like Envy, Bucketround and Voyeur Music. Most people would probably recognize his name from Álvaro Cabana’s Rotten City. It was on this label that he released his first original on a compilation also featuring Kieran Holden, Gameboyz and Cabaret Nocturne.
His hardware-based live sets are his main weapon, however, with some really positive feedback at festivals like ArteNou and VillaManuela, nights like Versal and Danzeteria and big clubs like Mondo, Razzmatazz or Siroco.
And you'll be able to catch him at this year's Sonar Festival in Barcelona too, which will doubtless cement his position as one to watch in an already impressive Spanish music scene.
01. unreleased - unreleased
02. La Guardia de la Luz - House Metafísico [Paper Recordings]
03. Gatos Negros - Rockets (JackWasFaster Remix) [Rotten City]
04. Jascha HAGEN - Pan That Shit Out [Mana All Night]
05. JackWasFaster - unreleased
06. Paresse - Rosarita [Solkyss]
07. Munk - Kitchen Call (Daniel Avery Remix) [Gomma]
08. Lily - Memory Jacket [DBA Dubs]
09. Benedikt Frey - Telamon [MRT]
10. Tapan - The City [W.T. Records]
11. Kieran Holden - Barlick Acid (Undo Remix) [Rotten City]
of , which is