- The Baptist -
1. In the seventh year of the reign of the Emperor from the West, the Word Bearer went to the desert to listen to a man proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, as it is written in the book of the words of The Prophet:
2. “Prepare the way for the Lord, make his path straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways made smooth; and all flesh shall see the salvation of darkness.”
3. The man in the desert said to the crowds that came out to be baptized by him, ‘You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruits worthy of repentance, for even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.’
4. And the crowds asked him, ‘What then should we do?’ In reply he said to them, ‘Look into yourselves and find the darkness within, nurture it and let it grow until it manifests upon this world. Do not be blinded by the light of the material world, for your salvation does not lie in it, but beyond it.’
5. As the people were filled with expectation, and all were questioning in their hearts concerning him, whether he might be the Word Bearer they had heard of, the man answered all of them by saying, ‘I baptize you with water; but one who is more powerful than I is coming; I am not worthy to untie the thong of his sandals. He will baptize you with Holy Spirit and black flame.'
6. When all the people were baptized, the Word Bearer came forward to be baptized also. After being submerged in the waters, the heavens opened and a black flame descended upon him. It was then when all those present knew who he was, and knelt before him in adoration.
Under Clandestine Faith :: Mystagos - Ho Anthropos Tes Anomias
Pre-Order Link:: http://www.clandestinefaith.com/product/mystagos-ho-anthropos-tes-anomias-cd/
of , which is