Five Cool, New Gadgets I'd Consider Trying
• Fuse Reel - Side Kick: Collapsible Laptop Charger Winder
○ It's on Kickstarter
○ Looks like It may work with a modern Dell laptop charger. For sure works with Macbook chargers
○ Link: The Side Kick by Fuse: Collapsible Laptop Charger Winder
○ It's on amazon now - https://www.amazon.com/Fuse-Collapsible-Organizer-Compatible-management/dp/B07VBBLJDZ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sidekick+fuse&qid=1590962824&sr=8-1
• Meeting Owl
○ This will be great for when we go back to work and are together, again in a meeting room.
○ This product may be interesting to us IT Folks that have worked with similar systems from Microsoft, such as the Polycom CX series, that can sometimes cost around $10,000.
§ OWL Labs Sells the Meeting Owl Pro for $999 dollars. (There is a normal version that's cheaper with a lower resolution).
□ Inside , it has 8 smart mics, with a mic pickup range of 18 feet. You put this right in the center of your table and start meeting, and can display your meeting attendees in 1080p HD. It will cut to the screen of the person talking - when they're in the same room!
□ It has a 360 degree camera.
® Why do I think it's brilliant? You don't have to have a ton of people in a building, using separate wificonnections, eating up all your internet bandwidth. With this device, you can all just start talking, using the device's one connection.
◊ We tried it at my work and it was awesome.
® Link: https://www.owllabs.com/
• Crescent Lufkin 4" Compact Measuring Wheel
○ This seems like one of those things I'd just buy because I thought it was amazing, even though I didn't need it all. I remember seeing people with these all of the time, in business environments, measuring an office professionally. Now, I can have one..for no reason at all… But I might need it! Like, I want to finish my basement in a year or so from now. I could totally see this making it super-fast to measure off room dimensions.
○ Maybe you want to measure the grass outside for a bocce ball court, or a practice putt-putt area. Seems like something useful that I could just hang in the garage and eventually find a good reason to use it.
○ Link: https://www.amazon.com/Lufkin-PSMW28CL-Compact-Measuring-Wheel/dp/B06XC53439/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=kaleemullah-20&linkId=4e3721e7d423465fa4ed0f52474773e8&language=en_US
• LifeSpan Fitness: Treadmill Standing Desk
○ LifeSpan Fitness is the brand you want to order from. They're built very solid, with Top-notch support.
I've seen it for myself, and I'm really impressed with their thorough customer service.
PAY THE EXTA money, and get their warranty. Pay attention to the model you're buying and make sure it hits the MPH that will fit your needs.
Holds up to 350lbs.
*things to note, no incline
• Mirage Eclipse (Hobie) - The first true "Stand Up Pedalboard".
○ It looks really amazing. What looks cool about this to me is that it appears it would be easier to keep your center of gravity on the board. I've you've tried a paddle board like I have, you may know that it's hard for some people to stay balanced on them - maybe just me.
○ Link: https://www.hobie.com/pedalboards/mirage-eclipse/
Follow our Podcast
● If you're a new listener to the Manly Hanley Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Visit our website and leave a comment. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter!
● Follow Randrums on twitter
Like the Manley Hanley Podcast Facebook page.
of , which is