Its full steam ahead at FA Recordings as we bring to you our third full artist album release in three months! We’re pleased to bring you yet another new band for our label but one you may have come across before having had great success with previous album ‘only Science can tell the Truth’, leftlion.co.uk described it as “A killer mix of mellow piano lines, electronic beats and progressive whirring synths” whilst Sandman magazine gave it the ultimate accolade “I have no idea why this lot aren’t ruling the world”. Welcome to Radium88!
We'd like to invite you to download and listen to the full album release from Radium88. Feel free to blog, review, tweet, discuss with your friends or simply just enjoy.
FA Recordings are proud to present ‘Escaping Tomorrow’ from Nottingham UK based band Radium88.
We hope you enjoy listening to the album, please feel free to review, tweet or blog about it.
Track break down:
1.How the West Was - Languid dreamy hypnotic cycling piano riff, clicking whirring beats and intense melancholic classical strings.
2. Leave No Stone Unturned - Swirling analogue synths with evocative clarinet gives way to electro sequences and deep bass trip-hop beats with crystalline vocals.
3. A Short Ride in a Broken Machine - Soothing pulsing and chiming synths underpin a gorgeous ethereal vocal before drifting off into the distance with folky ukulele and low whistle.
4. Nocturne 3 - Spooky apocalyptic waves of static phase in and out of haunting classical-style piano, with glitching trip-hop drumloop breakdown.
5. The Unerring Certainty of Mechanism - Echoing piano and synths with filtered beats underpin comforting radio announcements of the end of the world interspersed with plaintive vocals morphing gradually into faster beats layered with screaming guitar before fading out with xylophone and melancholic Yann Tiersen-style accordion.
6. The Irretrievable Loss of Personal Belonging - Gentle synth instrumental like a more musical Krafwerk.
7. Lady of Perpetual Motion - A weird kind of melodic psychedelic dub with lush trippy strings.
8. Still Separated by Oceans – Cool, clear vocal suspended over melodic electro dub, before giving way to Underworld-ish beats.
9. The Angel of Final Warning - A trio of fierce folky fiddlers cook up a storm over atmospheric psychedelic dub, with mellow cornet and transcendent vocals.
10. The Man Who Was Not Himself - Twanging guitar hints at a 50’s spy noir b-movie, only from the future!
11. A Matter of Love and Death - Electric piano and filtered synths and beats blend with intense classical strings.
12. Monsters Only Seen in Mirrors - More heartrendingly sad piano drowning in glitchy waves of static and 50’s b-movie horror organ but what’s that waltzing over the hill? Is it giant steam-powered robots?
13. Founder or Else Float - Cavernous trip-hop beats blend with piano, cornet and heartfelt vocals.
14. And Then She Saw Stars - Tinkling synths, warm clarinet and angelic vocals offer a surprise uplifting ending to the album.
Available now to download from CDBaby, itunes, Amazon and other download sites.
Radium88 are based around composer/producer/multi-instrumentalist Tim Thwaites and singer Jema Davies, together with Clare Hunt - violin/vocals, Matt Clare - guitar, Mike Clifford - cornet/low whistle and Joe Thwaites - clarinet.
Most electronic music has traditionally either meandered through cerebral experimentalism or headed straight for the dancefloor. Not feeling like they entirely belong in either place, radium88 are content to carve out a niche of their own, making thoughtful melodic electronica with elements of dub, classical, folk and psychedelia. Partly vocal and partly instrumental, their music features splashes of orchestral colour from live strings, cornet and clarinet. The sound could be loosely described as crystalline pure angelic vocals soaring effortlessly above a Blade Runner soundtrack as re-envisioned by Massive Attack. Or equally the sort of sound you might get if Bjork were to collaborate with Philip Glass or Orbital with Beirut.
FA recordings forth coming releases included:
Dec 1st 2011 - FA Recordings release a new range of Full Dynamic Range High Definition (FDR HD) mastering grade downloads exclusively available from the FA Recordings shop at www.formationaudio.co.uk
Bloik – Volume Two. Out Jan 2012
Eskimo Fires – Take me with you. Out Feb 2012 on FA Recordings Black
Munro – Feelin’ Fine. Out Mar 2011
Test Machine – Hurricane. Out Apr 20111
Blad Photo - Love life. Out Apr 2012 on FA Recordings Black
Formation Audio is a dedicated mastering/mixing house (and now a record label). We've worked on hundreds of commercial project over the years. If you're interested in our track record or service just check out our clients/credits page - http://www.formationaudio.co.uk/clientscredits
19 Cannon Street
of , which is