What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow - http://www.myspace.com/wkbdyb
We've noticed some mediocre The XX bootlegs receiving massive love from both Blogs and Hypem. If you enjoyed those then you're, then this will blast your mind to particles and make it float in space, we think it's gloriously enigmatic.
One 1/2 of WKBDYB? recently relocated to Canada causing the release delay of the first single Love Of Luxury now pushed to late October with remixes from Lake Heartbeat and Tronik Youth, the latter can be heard on the Hello, From Toronto? Mix (Below) along with the crowd pleasing B-Side The Probe.
Hello, From Toronto? Mixtape - http://www.multiupload.com/KQZTNMLW6A
1. Nightwaves - She's Electric (House of Nada Remix) - People in the Sky
2. D-Pulse - More (Foto Remix) - Nang
3. What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow? - Love of Luxury (Tronik Youth Penthouse Mix) - Brilliantine
4. Savage - Lost Toy - Work it Baby
5. Hugg & Pepp - Sweet Rosie (Disco Dub) - Turbo
6. What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow? - The Probe - Brilliantine
7. Zombie Nation - Radio Controlled (Hey Today Remix) - Turbo
8. You Love Her Coz She's Dead - Me Versus You (YLHCSD vs. WKBDYB? Acronymix) - CDR
9. Simian Mobile Disco - Do Not Exceed Stated Dose - Wichita
10. Boys Noize - Jeffer - BNR
11. Boys Noize - Jeffer (Para One Remix) - BNR
12. Amanda Blank - Might Like You Better (What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow? Remix) - CDR
13. Van She - It Could Be The Same (Vemixed) - Modular
14. Yuksek - Extraball (What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow? Remix) - CDR
15. Delphic - This Momentary (Parallels Remix) - Kitsune
16. Tiga - Beep Beep Beep - Different
Mastered by AK at Schnittstelle
Teetering between the sonic realms of tropical pop, electro house and new-nu-disco, Swedish duo Montauk gained a long overdue spot in the independent music scene when Brilliantine adopted their long hidden salon pop gem "Holiday", a track that we've been in love with long before label was born. It's simple, but the track began it's ascendance purely through it's own greatness, requiring the lightest of promotional touches before it began to make it's way onto mixes by influential DJs such as Headman and Aeroplane. Gaining attention from both blogs and musicians these guys immediately found themselves in demand with remix requests from great artists including The Sonnets, O'Spada, Jinder, Titiyo, Crying Day Care Choir, WKBDYB? and Home Video - meanwhile honing their craft with immense, world-beating stealth re-edits on their own Sweet Surprise imprint that have found their way into clubs and mixes the world over.
All that has lead up to this, their first full EP of original material. "The Newsroom" is a miniature catalogue showcasing their craftsmanship and mind-mantras via a plethora of moods and styles from exotic hypno-house, 80s shopping network tunes to beach bliss and piano driven power filter ballads that will win you over no matter if you're in a high class lounge, on the dance-floor or in flight.
Buy on Itunes: http://itun.es/i6V4VY
Preorder the vinyl: http://is.gd/EJaXTV
For Booking and Inquiries please contact [email protected] / DJ Promo available upon request
Watch out for future Montauk remixes of Casey Spooner and Tronik Youth.